33 things I’ve learned in this past year (or am still trying to); a reminder to self:
1. Curiosity didn’t kill the cat- idealization did.
2. Don’t permit nor settle for physical, mental, or spiritual complacency.
3. Rise and move forward with the sun.
4. Meditate, rest, and reflect with the moon.
5. Be love and Let love in.
6. Recognize that pain is a fundamental part of life.
7. Do not depend on others for your happiness or fulfillment.
8. Don’t take energy, give it and what you seek will be drawn to you.
9. Do not fear death, but fear never waking from this sleep.
10. Know that you’re not the only one that feels this way, but you are the only one who can change it.
11. There is no glass.
12. Recognize that no one will meet all of your emotional needs- it’s not what they’re for- neither people nor emotions.
13. A life without magic is the divorce from it.
14. Pain changes people. Choose wisely your direction.
15. Life doesn’t get easier- just more familiar, and you- stronger.
16. Live your intentions as if they’ve already come to pass.
17. Know that loneliness and company will never be mutually exclusive.
18. Not all spaces are meant to be filled.
19. Light shines brightest in darkness.
20. It will never be the “perfect time.” Go for it today.
21. Your ducks will never stay in a row.
22. Selfish gets less than giving.
23. “Until you learn to be comfortable with being alone, you will never know whether you are choosing someone out of love or loneliness.”
24. You only have to try one last time- but after that, always be sure to try “one last time” again.
25. Don’t be afraid to see the signs.
26. There are many people and things in this world that will try to put you down- don’t be one of them.
27. Never completely “grow up”- in the societal sense of the word- it’s a trap.
28. Sometimes the largest obstacle in your way is what you “know”.
29. “If you don’t like it, change it; if you can’t change it- change yourself.”
30. Don’t waste time hiding your feelings, no matter how foolish they may seem.
31. “One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”
32. Truth is truth whether we close our eyes or not.
33. You can never truly know the whole story.